Today was a pretty fantastic day, so i figured I would blog about it, as a good blogger should.
So today i was at work, per usual. I made a cool poster for our latest adult program.. called recipe for a healthy living. It is a class paired with cooking classes, domestic violence talk and self esteem workshops. Anyways, while i was there Ms. Coates asked if i wanted to go to a meeting with her for a Woman's organization, that is really important to BWUFA. I was excited, because one of the things i want to experience and learn more about while in D.C. is advocacy. Well, long story in short, the meeting was yesterday instead of today. But Ms. Coates called the director and our graduate intern Natalie and I are going to have lunch with her next week, to talk about their younger woman's group and learn how to get involved with that. Afterward Ms Coates took me around D.C. and then we stopped by her house where i got to meet her wonderful family. We went out to dinner with her Mom, who is an extremely sweet and smart women. It was good to sit down with Ms. Coates and talk to her about Chantilly Mews and her vision for the future. She also seems like she genuinely cares about me getting the most experience from this program and having me involved in many different things. Including running programs for the kids, which i am very, very interested in. I had so much fun with them. Tonight was a really great night, and I'm really glad that I am blessed to have a boss like Ms. Coates who will sit down with her intern and talk to me and make sure I get the most out of this. I'm very grateful already.
Peace and Love,
♥ Steph
Stephanie's ranting corner:
One of my biggest pet peeves in life is when people don't do their job. That really is all i ask. If you decide to take a job, then do it. If you don't want to do it, then quit. Find another job, go back to school, live in the jungle. I don't careee, just don't let you not doing your job affect me.
So, remember in last post.. how i spoke of that women in staples who was rude? Lets call her Staples rewards women... Yeah, well staples reward women just went even lower on the list. I went in, and didn't know what ink i was supposed to get. Okay, this is my fault.. i understand this. But going into an OFFICE SUPPLY store, i would assume that they would know about OFFICE SUPPLIES, such as ink. I figured, once i go to the store.. i would look in the little ink book of love that is ALWAYS near the ink. When i go into the store, i see that the ink is placed behind the counter (because if i was to steal anything from staples, of course it would be 20 dollar ink.. because they don't have cameras and computers hanging out or anything). Anywaysss, i go to staples rewards card lady, and i ask her for the ink for my printer. She looks in said book, and says that it is the right ink. I ask again, and she says yes.. so why would i think she is wrong? She looked in the magical ink book of goodness, So i come home, do the readings for class, and go to print out the things i need.. and when i go to print, i get this awful pop-up that says ink is not compatible with this printer. WHATTTT! ughhhh! If i had an easy button i would NOT be pushing it. grrr. staples... gr.
p.s. Chris Brown.. why are you beating up on Rihanna?! Seriously. You fail. Sabrina and i are mad at you and you broke our heart. WAY. TO. GO.
Sabrina pointed out that Rihanna has been crying out for help in her latest songs.. such as 'Hate That I Love You'...'SOS'...'Rehab'...'Disturbia. I think she has a good point.
Oh BOSE! i'm so excited for you!! sounds like DC is loving you!(i mean how could everyone not love your sparkling wonderful self!) i miss you, love your blog and am equally upset about chris brown! love your guts and can't wait to visit you!!!
ReplyDeleteps i made a blog of my own lolz!